Monday, November 7, 2011

Handmade Grapevine Spectacular 5 foot Tree

I haven't had a whole lot of time with the Holiday Season upon us to write in my blog. However, thanks to a special Pat Catan's amazing employee, and someone I call a good friend, I post again.  Here it is for her to see an amazing Grapevine Tree which... I don't want to remake anytime soon.


It's not the best photograph and is much larger than it appears along with being much more beautiful. It actually measures 5 ft tall by 3 ft wide at the widest base. I went down the road and picked up tons of pine cones bagged for a few days to rid of bugs before placing them on the tree. Speaking of which the only predator I have right now is my cat, Bella, who seems to think it was made for her.

            If you notice it doesn't seem to be bothering her at the moment, sleeping away on her favorite pillow stand which is near the fireplace and the tree. I thought about yelling boo real loud...but feared she'd jump up and in to the tree. Amazing how curious this little girl can be and yet so smart too. I have had her since she's  been 2 days old which was amazing, she is currently a little over a year old.



I have just begun to add the lights for now. I designed the tree to be a bit see through as I add the pine cones it will begin to change. I plan on tying them one at a time all over the tree, I wanted it to be as natural as possible as I plan on keeping it up for a long time. Bringing nature inside really adds calmness to a room. Which I find soothing.



If you look on your left of the tree you'll see this basket of bunnies I knitted last winter. I thought about selling them but they're a bit too cute in the basket to part with, at least for now.


So above are the lights as I am putting them on...I took a photograph on many settings and this was the best one. Stop back a few days or so from now to see it completely finished.
To my friend at Pat Catan's your friendliness, helpfulness, incredible talent, and imagination always inspires me. Not to mention your passion for life in general. I end with blessings to you and lots of happiness to come in your new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment