Saturday, September 10, 2011

Colors Around Me

Everywhere I look there is color.
Like these trees in a beautiful green, a gorgeous blue sky
with soft white cotton clouds. A sky with detail is wonderul to an artist eye.
When my children where little while riding in the car
we would look at the clouds, finding an image in as many as we could.
Do you see any images in the clouds?


My daughter with her love of mammoth yellow sunflowers, too, captured
my eyes and heart, with it's amazing bold color.
Notice the little bee pollinating the center of the flower?
Although bees do sting there is reason for there existence, a cycle of life.
At the end of the season we pull the sunflower from the centers
wash them then roast them in the oven. We also gather them to
feed the birds through the winter when food is scarce.



   This year I planted Cosmos in the garden they bloomed in a
gorgeous orange.      
I love the detail of this flower the way it grows in elegant layers.
Did you ever wonder how it does that, in such a uniform way?

    

Then I came across this pattern in a magazine, oh, such a gorgeous combination of colors!
Reds, blues, greens, a bit of cream throughout.
I am not one who usually likes these types of patterns, yet this one caught my eye straight
away. The design is just beautiful.


As the fall season approaches I love to knit and crochet for some reason
 it just seems to calm the soul during the cool evenings.
I am going to crochet this pillow yet with a bit of sudtle colors. Although I love the
awesome colors around me it just doesn't work for me in my home.
 I find comfort in the earth tones, shades of browns, creams,
and whites often with a touch of sage green.
So I think I will begin this pillow in shades of light brown with a touch of cream.
And leave the color around me to nature. What colors would you choose?
                                                                
                                                               Blessings, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment